When you’re in need of an easy and indulgent treat, look no further than garlic bread. From the rich smell to the taste, this snack is one we cannot get enough of. The best part of garlic bread is that you can eat it alone or with some yummy pasta. You can also alternate on the kind of bread you use i.e. for the health conscious. Wholewheat garlic bread tastes just as good. It’s super easy to make so that’s always a plus as well.
What you need:
- Bread (white or wheat)
- To make the garlic butter, put the garlic on a chopping board and sprinkle with the salt. Use a large knife to chop the garlic. Every now and then, use the flat side of the knife to press down on the chopped garlic to crush it even more. Continue until you have a very finely chopped heap of garlic. Stir the garlic and parsley through the butter.
- Preheat the barbecue hotplate to medium, or oven to 180C/gas mark 4. If using a barbecue, sit a baking rack on the hotplate.
- Cut deep slices into the bread, about 23 cm apart. Spread the garlic butter into the cuts, making sure the exposed bread is evenly covered with the butter.
- Completely wrap the bread in foil. Sit the bread on the baking rack, or in the oven, flat side down, and cook for 8–-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt & serve hot.
Image credit – Food Network.