Looking for an affordable way to treat yourself in the comfort of your own home? Try giving yourself our surefire at-home facial with our list of tried, tested, and true Nigerian beauty products. We’ve been to our fair share of spas and trust us when we say that you can get very similar spa-worthy results at home. All you need are the right products. You don’t need to be a skincare expert either, just be gentle and give your skin the love it deserves.
Find Out How You Can Shop Some of The Nigerian Brands Mentioned In This Story on The Style HQ’s Shop
Here are a list of things you need to make your at-home facial happen
- A facial steamer. However, if you don’t have one this is not a problem. You can always substitute this with a bowl of hot water which has a very similar effect. But if you really really insist on a steamer, you can find one on Girly Essentials.
- A clean towel or kitchen towel papers
- An exfoliant. This could be a scrub or a chemical exfoliant. You can have a look here for some suggestions! Although we’ll be showcasing a new product today, Makariah Scrubs brown sugar scrub.
- A toner. We suggest something gentle like rosewater since it has such a lovely soothing effect and also smells amazing. For this post, we’ll be using the rosewater toner from Ajali Spa.
- A face mask. Here we suggest using a mask based on your skin concerns. For example, if you’re looking for something to reduce your pores, charcoal is a good ingredient to look out for. If you’re looking for a brightener, lemons, rosehip oil, aloe vera powder and turmeric are ingredients to gravitate towards. If you’re looking for a mask that will clean deeply/clarify, bentonite clay or french clay should be your go-to choices. If your main concern is retaining moisture, then avocado is a good ingredient to have in your chosen mask. If you’re going the DIY route and making your own face mask, ingredients can be found at Beautifully Nappy. Alternatively, you can buy a mask. Ajali Spa, Oriki Spa and The Scrub Station have a number of good masks that we would recommend. Oriki Spa’s Absorbing Clay Mineral Mask was used in this process.
- A serum (optional)
- A face oil/moisturizer. We will be using the rosehip oil from Organic Life Plus and lemon essential oil from Natural Nigerian.