We all have goals; We set them at the beginning of every year, every quarter, and every day. However, many of us find days, months and years going past without us fully achieving our goals. And, that’s because, usually, when we set our goals we don’t set out the structure to help us achieve them. As Anatole France said, ” to accomplish great things we must dream as well as act.”
Here are our 5 Tips to Help You Reach Your Goals:
- Clarity: Be clear on exactly what it is you want to do. If you want to lose weight, state how many kilos. If you want to be healthier, state in which way: nutrition, exercise etc. The clearer you are on your goals the more likely you are to achieve it.
- Write It: When you write down your goals, you are subconsciously reinforcing them, which helps your mind and body align with your goals. You also begin to crystallise these goals into reality, what they look like and how you will achieve them.
- Take Action: Note down decisive steps that will help get you to your desired destination, the time frame you will do them in and then do them. Commitment to this phase is a key driver in achieving your goals.
- Lean In: Keep acting on your goals and watch yourself accomplish them. This feedback system of setting your goals, acting on them and watching them come to life will boost your confidence in yourself and also help you through the tough times, when it seems like nothing is happening, giving you an extra push to succeed.
- Review: Take time to review your goals, plans, actions and successes. Are things moving along well? That’s great. Is there anything you can do to make it go better? Then do that. Things not going according to plan? Then review your goals, plans and actions steps and modify what’s necessary. Sometimes it’s a matter of sitting tight and pushing through; other times it’s a matter of going back to the drawing board.
These 5 tips will help you start achieving your goals. Remember the most important part of you reaching your goals is action! Do something every day that moves you towards your goals. And don’t forget to reward yourself and celebrate your successes along the way.