Adding morning elixirs to your daily routine is a great way to help boost your metabolism, detox your body and give you fabulously clear skin. Here are 5-morning elixirs you should try:
- Lemon & Warm Water: This is one of the easiest morning elixirs to make and is relatively inexpensive. Just squeeze some lemon juice (according to taste) into a mason jar or glass full of warm water and drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This will help flush out toxins, boost your immunity, aid in digestion, clear up your skin and boost your metabolism. For extra benefits, you can add cayenne pepper, turmeric, or ginger like Linda Wagner’s Ginger Tumeric, Detox Tea.
- Apple Cider Vinegar & Warm Water: This works in a similar fashion to lemon and warm water, but raw apple cider vinegar (ACV) has been known to heal a whole host of ailments like allergies, candida, and colds. ACV also balances the body’s PH, helps with weight loss and balances blood sugar levels. Use this elixir if you want to get rid of toxins, have a better blood sugar balance and clear skin. If you are looking for something with a bit of a twist try Kim July’s fatigue busting, weight losing and skin-clearing formula with this Apple Cider Vinegar Drink.
- Aloe Vera Drinks: Aloe Vera juice and its gel are great detoxifiers. Aloe vera also lowers cholesterol and blood sugar, boosts the immune system, helps with digestion and hair growth. You can make your own Aloe Vera drink at home by adding lemon juice, honey, some aloe gel, and some water and mixing in a blender. Click here to learn how to make aloe vera juice, that you can use for your hair, skin or drink as part of your morning elixir.
- Fig’s Health Tumeric Gel: Not all elixirs are for drinking, some, like Fig Health Store’s Tumeric Gel, can be used as part of your morning facial routine. This super brightening facial moisturizer is made from 100% aloe vera gel, turmeric and sweet almond oil. This will blast away blemishes and keep you fresh, moisturized and bright! Try the Fig’s Brightening Turmeric Gel.
- Ajali Facial Oils: Using facial oils seems almost counterintuitive, but because they are intensely moisturizing and packed with plant nutrients. They can actually help balance sebum production while brightening and smoothening the skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes. Use in the morning after washing/cleansing your face. Choose from marula, vitamin E and rosehip oil, Ajali Facial Oils.